The simple pleasure of enjoying a glass of wine can transform your evening. Whether you’re relaxing with Netflix or catching up with a friend, enjoying wine is synonymous with good taste. Though you don’t really need justification in my opinion, here are a few reasons to enjoy some wine tonight. Because, science.
1. Red wine may be good for your heart. It’s been long believed by doctors that red wine in moderation is heart healthy. The antioxidants may help prevent heart disease by increasing the “good cholesterol” and protecting against artery damage.
2. Reduces the risk of Type 2 Diabetes. Moderate drinkers have 30 percent less risk than nondrinkers of developing type 2 diabetes. I’ll take it!
3. Promotes longevity. Wine drinkers have a 34 percent lower mortality rate than beer or spirits drinkers. A longer life? Yes, please!
4. May reduce depression. Researchers say that drinking two to seven glasses of wine a week may reduce the risk of depression. In other words, it may be true that wine = happiness.
5. Affects BMI. Studies find that people who drink wine daily have lower body mass than those who indulge occasionally. This doesn’t get you out of the gym though.
Shop This Post
Unique Wine Accessories
The material in this post is intended to be of general informational use and is not intended to constitute medical advice, probable diagnosis, or recommended treatments.